What is GATE Exam?
GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering is a national-level engineering entrance exam that will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur for the Year 2022 session. The authority will release the latest brochure PDF on IIT Kharagpur’s official website. Last time the authority conducted the GATE exam in the Year 2014. With the help of the GATE score, one can get admission in the M.Tech program offered by the prestigious IITs/NITs or do research programs, get a job in a PSU, or go for higher studies in foreign universities.
Every year, GATE Exam is conducted jointly by either of the IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee on a rotational basis. For GATE 2022, aspirants can apply for only one of the 27 papers available as options to get admission in IITs, NITs, and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) in India. There has been an introduction of a new paper in GATE, which is Biomedical.
GATE 2022 Notification
IIT Kharagpur is the organizing institute for the GATE 2022 exam that will release the official information brochure for all branches of the GATE exam. The notification is expected to be released in July 2022 while the application forms will be available from September 2021. The GATE notification 2022 PDF will have all the details related to the exam such as GATE exam date, registration, fee, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, syllabus, etc.
GATE 2021 was conducted by IIT Bombay.
For the upcoming GATE exam, which is GATE 2022, check GATE 2022 important dates, exam pattern, admit card download info, application form, fee, registration dates, & eligibility, practice question papers, and free mock test series for GATE 2022 preparation at Engineers Success.
Why Appear in GATE 2022?
- With the GATE 2022 score, you can get admission in Master of Engineering (M.E.)/Master of Technology (M.Tech) courses and PhD. Programs at various IITs, NITs, IISc, GFTIs, and other reputed Universities.
- Moreover, GATE scores are also considered by several foreign universities as well such as the Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Technical University of Munich (Germany), and Aachen University (Germany), etc.
- GATE score can be used to apply for prestigious jobs in PSUs, Central Government, GOI Organizations as well as in the Private Sector.
- If you pass GATE 2022, you can join a state-level or a national-level university/college for pursuing higher studies like M.Tech through GATE. You will be given a scholarship of Rs. 12,400 for every month until the completion of two years of your course.
- GATE score remains valid for 3 years for joining an M.Tech. program from the date of release of the GATE result.
- For government jobs, your GATE Score will remain valid for the current year. However, the GATE score depends upon the PSUs as well for which you are applying for.
- GATE is conducted for 27 subjects and a new subject, Biomedical has been added recently to the list.
What is New in GATE 2022 Exam?
- Students must note all the changes made in the GATE examination. For reference, check out below the new changes introduced by the authority.
- Changes in exam pattern: The detailed changes in the exam pattern are mentioned below. A new pattern of questions has been added. A fully Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held for GATE.
- Changes in the subject syllabus: Students must note all the changes in the GATE syllabus mentioned below.
- New Paper: Two NEW subject papers are introduced, Environmental Science and Engineering and Humanities and Social Sciences making a total of 27 subjects.
- Exam Centers: New exam cities have been added. Four new cities are Jhansi (IIT Kanpur), Dhenkanal (IIT Kharagpur), Chandrapur (IIT Bombay), and Muzzaffarnagar (IIT Roorkee). Also, note that Pala (IIT Madras) has been removed.
- Exam centers in International cities may be removed depending on the travel restrictions.
- Eligibility criteria are relaxed: Applicants who are currently in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program are now eligible to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- Reservation Quota for EWS Candidates: Previous year the Government has announced a 10% reservation quota for Economically Weaker Section (EWS or GEN-EWS) candidates who want to participate in the GATE exams.
- Thumb Impression: Candidates are no more required to upload their thumb impression while submitting the GATE online application form.
- Virtual Calculator: Candidates will be given the virtual calculator at the time of the GATE exam. Candidates with Scientific Calculators are not allowed to enter the exam hall.
GATE 2022 Exam Highlights
- There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day
- GATE will be a Fully Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced; ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) & XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English / Linguistics / Philosophy / Psychology / Sociology
- The total number of subject papers are 27
- GATE Syllabus of all subject papers has been revised.
- Questions in GATE exam will have 3 types of questions- MSQs (Multiple Select Questions), MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) & NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
- The pattern of questions will include some MCQs, while the other questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
- Eligibility criteria have been relaxed for GATE aspirants
- There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE exam
- Your GATE scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of the GATE result
GATE 2022: Important Dates
All the important GATE 2022 exam dates are mentioned below. You must take note that the given GATE 2022 dates are the tentative dates.
|Events||GATE Important Dates|
|GATE Notification 2022 Date||3rd week of July 2021|
|GATE Application Form 2022||2nd week of September 2021|
|Last Date of GATE Registration||1st week of November 2021|
|Last Date to Apply with Late Fees (Extended)||1st week of October 2021|
|Last Date for Change of Exam City||2nd week of November 2021|
|GATE Admit Card 2022 Download Date||2nd week of January 2022|
|GATE Exam Date 2022||1st to 2nd week of February 2022|
|GATE Answer Key 2022||03rd week of February 2022|
|GATE Result Date 2022||3rd week of March 2022|
GATE 2022: Exam Schedule
GATE 2022 exam schedule will be communicated later on the official website of GATE 2022 official notification. Below is the exam schedule for the GATE 2022 exam:
|Week and Day||Time (IST)||Activities/Paper|
|Week 1 & Day 1||12:00 – 17:00 hrs||Miscellaneous Activities *|
|Week 1 & Day 2||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||CE-1, IN, CY|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||CE-2, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN|
|Week 1 & Day 3||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||EE, GG, AG, EY|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||EC, PE, ES, ST, PI|
|Week 2 & Day 4||12:00 – 17:00 hrs||Miscellaneous Activities *|
|Week 2 and Day 5||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||CS-1, MA, BT, CH, TF|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||CS-2, XE, XL|
|Week 2 and Day 6||9:30 – 12:30 hrs(Forenoon Session -FN)||ME-1, XH|
|15:00 – 18:00 hrs(Afternoon Session -AN)||ME-2, MT|
GATE Exam Conducting Authorities
List of GATE Papers with Their Code
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||XH|
GATE 2022 Registration (GOAPS)
The GATE online application form is expected to be released in the 2nd week of September 2022. Candidates must note that GATE applications will be accepted online only through GATE 2022 website link GOAPS.
How to Apply Online for GATE 2022?
- Register through GOAPS
- Fill up the GATE application form
- Upload the required documents like photograph and signature
- Make the payment of GATE 2022 Application Fees
- Click on the Submit button
Documents Required (Indian Candidates)
- Your name, your date of birth, your mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number.
- Residential Address for Communication with an area PIN code.
- Degree scanned with a size under 10-300 kb in pdf format (upload only one page of anyone document)
- For Engineering Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/8th Semester mark sheet/7th-semester mark sheet/6th-semester mark sheet/Pre or final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/AMIE and Completed one section/Provisional Certificate Letter.
- For Science Degree course completion certificate/provisional certificate/4th Semester mark sheet/3rd-semester mark sheet/2nd-semester mark sheet/1st-year mark sheet/Pre-final year mark sheet in case of integrated degree/Provisional Certificate Letter
- College address with a PIN code
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned image of the thumb impression of size 2-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned image of your photograph of size 5-200 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned image of your signature of size 5-150 kb in jpeg/jpg
- Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in size 10-300 kb in pdf
- ID Proof: Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID/Aadhaar UID/Driving License/College ID/Employee ID card
- Bank details for application fees
GATE 2022 Application Fees
|Male Category (General/OBC)||₹ 1500/-|
|Applicants from Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo & Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|Applicants from Dubai & Singapore||US$ 100|
GATE 2022 Exam City Correction
- Visit the official site of IIT Bombay
- Log in by filling in your details i.e. Roll number and password
- Click on Submit
- Apply for GATE 2022 Exam City Correction
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who possess the following criteria are eligible to appear in GATE. The GATE Eligibility criteria are relaxed.
1. Educational Qualification
To apply for GATE 2022, a candidate must possess either of the mentioned qualification(s). Although the educational qualification has been relaxed for GATE 2022.
The students who are studying in the 3rd or final years of any undergraduate degree are now eligible for the examination. Also, students who have already completed any degree program approved by the government in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science,
Commerce or Arts are eligible to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
- BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma
- B.Sc (Research)/B.S
- Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B. Tech/B. Arch)
- M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
- Integrated M.E/M.Tech (Post – B.Sc)
- Integrated M.Sc./Integrated B.S-M.S
- Integrated M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
As per the revised GATE eligibility criteria, you need to have a minimum qualification of 10+2+3. This means that the candidates in their final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for GATE entrance examination.
Candidates who are pursuing or have passed their graduation in either Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce or Arts in a relevant discipline can apply for the course.
2. Pass Percentage
To apply for GATE 2022, there are no minimum pass percentage criteria defined.
3. Age Limit
There is no age limit defined to apply for the GATE exam.
You should have Indian nationality to apply for GATE 2022. Candidates belonging to Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates are also eligible for the GATE 2022 exam.
GATE Eligibility Criteria for International Students
Candidates living in Nepal, Bangladesh, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates are also eligible to apply for GATE 2022. Candidates from these countries must have completed or must be in their final year or in the pre-final year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology or equivalent.
GATE Exam Pattern 2022
The GATE Exam Pattern 2022 is given below.
- The GATE Exam comprises both Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- There is a negative marking for the multiple-choice questions while no marks will be deducted for the numerical answer type questions.
|Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects/Papers||27|
|Number of Questions||65 No. of Questions of Maximum 100 Marks. General Aptitude: 10 QuestionsEngineering Maths + Core Subjects: 55 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks Engineering Maths: 13 MarksApproximate) General Aptitude: 15 MarksCore Subjects: 72 Marks (Approximate)|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Number of sections||GATE 2022 question paper will comprise of the following three sections except for AR, CY, GG, EY, XL, PH and MA papers:General Aptitude (GA)Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)Subject – Specific section|
|Marking Scheme||For MCQs carrying 1 mark: 1/3 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.For MCQs carrying 2 marks: 2/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response.No negative marking for Multiple Select Question (MSQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.|
The marks division among the sections has also changed.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH, and XL is different: General Aptitudeis of 15 Marks and Subject Questions of 85 Marks making a total of 100 marks.
Note: 1/3 marks will be deducted for the wrong answers i.e (0.33) marks for 1 mark questions and (0.66) marks will be deducted for questions carrying 2 marks. No mark will be deducted for the wrong answer to NAT questions.
GATE 2022 Syllabus Branch-wise
We have listed down the GATE syllabus PDF for CE, ME, CS, EC, and EE branches. Please note that the GATE Syllabus 2022 of all subject papers has been revised. Students must go through the syllabus in an exhaustive manner before their preparation.
|GATE Mechanical Engineering||GATE Mechanical Syllabus 2022|
|GATE Electrical Engineering||GATE Electrical Syllabus 2022|
|GATE CSE Exam||GATE Computer Science Syllabus 2022|
|GATE Civil Exam||GATE Civil Syllabus 2022|
|GATE ECE Exam||GATE ECE Syllabus 2022|
Candidates planning to appear for the GATE 2022 examination must know the best books for GATE through which they can prepare themselves for the GATE 2022 online examination. Thus, we have compiled the list of GATE books for CSE, CE, ME, EE, and ECE along with their authors to make sure that you prepare the best GATE books for GATE 2022.
|GATE ME Books|
|Topics||GATE Book Name|
|Heat Transfer||Fundamentals of Engineering Heat and Mass Transfer by R.C. Sachdeva|
|Machine Design||Design of Machine Elements by V Bhandari|
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal|
|Industrial Engineering||Industrial Engineering and Management by O. P. Khanna|
|Thermal Science||Engineering Thermodynamics by P.K. Nag|
|GATE CE Books|
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics (Edition 43) byB.S. Grewal|
|Strength of Materials||Strength of Materials (Edition 2) byU.C Jindal|
|Design Of Steel Structures||Design Of Steel Structures (Edition 3) byS.K Duggal|
|Highway Engineering||Highway Engineering by S.K.Khanna, C.E.G.Justo|
|Structural Analysis||Basic Structural Analysis (Edition 3) byC.S.Reddy|
|Engineering Hydrology||Engineering Hydrology (Edition 4) byK Subramanya|
|Irrigation Engineering||Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic Structures (Edition 1) by S K Garg|
|GATE EE Books|
|Power Electronics||Power Electronics (Edition 5) by P.S.Bimbhra|
|Control Systems||Control Systems Engineering (Edition 5) by I.J.Nagrath, M. Gopal|
|Electrical Machines||Electrical Machinery (Edition 7) by P. S. Bimbhra|
|Electromagnetic Fields||Engineering Electromagnetics (Edition 8) by William H Hayt, John A Buck|
|GATE CSE Books|
|Computer Networks||Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (Edition 6) by James F. Kurose, Keith W. Ross|
|Databases||Database System Concepts (Edition 6) by Silberschatz, Sudarshan, Korth|
|Algorithms||Introduction to Algorithms (Edition 3) by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein|
|Digital Logic||Digital Logic & Computer Design (Edition 1) by M. Morris Mano|
|GATE ECE Books|
|Analog Circuits||Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications (Edition 6) by Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith|
|Signals & Systems||Signals & Systems (Edition 2) by Alan V. Oppenheim, Alan S.Willsky, S.Hamid Nawab|
|Electromagnetics||Principles of Electromagnetics (Edition 4) by Mathew N.O. Sadiku|
|Control Systems||Automatic Control Systems (Edition 9) by Benjamin C. Kuo|
GATE Admit Card 2022
The GATE organizing authority will issue the GATE 2022 admit card for the applicants 15-20 days prior to the exam date. To download your GATE admit card you need GOAPS Enrollment ID and password. Make sure you carry your admit card at the exam hall, without the admit card the entry to the exam hall is strictly prohibited.
Steps to Download GATE 2022 Admit Card
- Visit the official GATE 2022 website
- Enter the enrollment number and password.
- Click on GATE Login.
- Click on the GATE admit card download link.
- Admit cards will be downloaded in pdf format.
- Save it and take a printout to be carried while appearing for the exam.
GATE Study Material 2022
Candidates who are preparing for the GATE 2022 exam should check the best study material in order to improve the score in the exam. Check branch-wise study notes:
|GATE ME Study Notes|
|GATE CE Study Material|
|GATE EE Study Notes|
|GATE ECE Study Material|
|GATE CSE Study Material|
GATE Question Papers
You can get branch-wise GATE previous year question papers to kick start GATE preparation in the right direction. We’ve combined question papers of the GATE exam in PDF form along with their solution and answer key. You can use them during your GATE 2022 exam preparation.
|GATE Paper (Branch)||GATE 2019 Question Paper||GATE Solution & Answers 2019|
|Mechanical Engineering (ME)||Session 1 Paper & Solution|
|Session 2 Paper & Solution|
|Electronics & Communications (EC)||Question Paper||Solutions|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Question Paper||Solutions|
|Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)||Question Paper||Solutions|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Session 1 Paper & Solution|
|Session 2 Paper & Solution|
You can check the detailed question papers list for all Branches here.
|GATE Mechanical Question Papers|
|GATE ECE Question Papers|
|GATE CSE Question Papers|
|GATE Electrical Question Papers|
|GATE Civil Question Papers|
GATE Mock Test Series
To ace your GATE preparation, Gradeup brings the best online GATE test series for GATE Mechanical, GATE Civil, Electronics, Electrical, & GATE CSE branches. All the test series pack comes with one free mock test. You can perform the online subscription below and start practicing the latest GATE mock test prepared GATE toppers.
|GATE Test Series|
|GATE Mechanical Mock Test|
|GATE Civil Mock Test Series|
|GATE ECE Mock Test Series|
|GATE Electrical Mock Test Series|
|GATE CSE Mock Test Series|
How is the GATE Score calculated?
To calculate the GATE Percentile, follow the below formula:
GATE Percentile=((N-R)/N) X 100
- N = Total number of students who appeared in the GATE exam (for particular stream)
- R = Rank obtained by you
Below is the branch-wise GATE 2020 cut off:
|Computer Science Engineering||28.5||25.6||19.0|
|Electronics & Communication||28.8||25.9||19.2|
You can also go through our article for GATE cut off 2019/2018/2017/2016 here.
GATE Subject Wise Weightage
GATE Subject-Wise Weightage for CSE
GATE Subject Wise Weightage for EC
GATE Subject Wise Weightage for EE
GATE 2022 Result & Score Card
The GATE Result 2022 will be released after the completion of the GATE 2022 exam which will be held in February 2022. To check your result, you need login credentials (Registration No/Email ID). If you qualify for the GATE 2022 exam, you will be able to download your GATE score card from the official GATE website. Please note that the eligibility of your GATE scorecard is Three (3) years from the date of the GATE result.
GATE 2022 Counselling
After qualifying for the GATE 2022 exam, you have to appear for the Group Discussion/Personal Interview. The GATE Counselling is done separately by the participating institutions. Centralized counselling called CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M. Tech/M. Plan) is conducted to get admission in IIT, NIT, and other government institutes. The IITs conduct their own counseling for admission in M.Tech courses. The other state-level universities conduct their own counselling for the admissions.
ESE & GATE ME,General,ESE (IES Exam) ME,OverviewESE (IES Exam) ME, Apply OnlineESE (IES Exam) ME Eligibility,ESE (IES Exam) ME Syllabus,ESE (IES Exam) ME Exam Pattern, sse exam syllabus, engineering academy dehradun app, rrb sse exam pattern, psu jobs for ece without gate, ies topper 2021 mechanical, ssc je coaching centre, coaching institute in Dehradun, rrb je syllabus for civil engineering pdf, rrb je civil syllabus pdf,ssc je syllabus, ssc je syllabus civil,ssc je syllabus mechanical,ssc je mechanical syllabus,ssc je electrical syllabus,engineering academy Dehradun,engineer academy Dehradun,engineers academy Dehradun,gate psu,ssc je coaching,ssc coaching Dehradun,ssc coaching in Dehradun,rrb sse syllabus,je academy,ssc je coaching centre,best online coaching for ssc je mechanical,coaching for ssc,ssc je coaching fee,ssc coaching center,ssc coaching center,uppcl,engineering colleges in roorkee,ukpsc,je mechanical,engineers success book,civil engineering objective book,dehradun engineering college,best ssc cgl online coaching,engineering academy dehradun app,best coaching for ssc je in india,engineers academy test series,best ssc je coaching in india