7 IITs and IISc, Bangalore on Rotational basis
(IIT Bombay for GATE 2022)
gate.iitb.ac.in (for GATE 2022)
3 Hours (180 Minutes)
Number of Papers
27 Papers (ES and XH are newly added subjects)
100 (65 questions)
Number of Test Takers
More than 8 Lakh
What’s new in GATE Exam 2022?
• Eligibility Criteria for appearing in GATE exam 2022 has been relaxed to minimum 10+2+3 (ongoing), enhancing the third-year students of undergraduate studies to appear for GATE 2022 examination.
• All Test Papers of GATE 2022 will be entirely objective type. Pattern of questions may include:
o Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ),
o Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
o Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
• Two new subjects – Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Science (XH) has been added. The total number of subjects in GATE 2022 is now increased to 27.
• Students applying for GATE 2022 can also opt for two subject papers from the prescribed set of combinations.
GATE 2022 Important Dates
Candidates must check important date schedule for GATE Exam 2022 so as to get themselves updated with important updates and notifications regarding GATE Exam:
Application Processing System (GOAPS)
Closing of submission of
Last Date of Extended period for
Online Registration Application
(With Late Fees)
Last date for requesting a change of
examination city (an additional
fee will be applicable)
Admit Card will be available in the
Online Application Portal (for printing)
GATE Eligibility Criteria for International Students
International Candidates who are appearing for GATE 2022, should match following criteria:
• Must have completed or in the final year or in the pre-final year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology or;
• Must have completed or in the final year or in the pre-final year of their Post Graduate degree in any relevant science subject
• Required Documents:
o If a candidate has already passed (in 2021 or earlier) one of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, they have to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate issued by the institute.
o If the candidate is in the final year of any of the qualifying examinations mentioned above, then they have to upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute.