For the 585 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) in the Department of Water Resource, Punjab
Submission of Application Form
The candidates can ONLY apply by filling Online Application Form, a link of which is available on the website of the Commission http://ppsc.gov.in No other mode of application will be accepted. PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
|To make new registration for applying for the post.||(Step-1)||27/03/2021|
By 11:59:00 PM
|To deposit the Application fees by system generated|
Bank Challan Form.
[During Banking Hours]
(i) Should possess three years Diploma of Junior Engineer in Civil Engineering from a State Technical Education Board or from recognized University or Institution.
(ii)The candidate possessing higher qualification in terms of degree/Masters in engineering is also eligible, provided he/she mandatory possess basic qualification in terms of diploma in Civil Engineering.
Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
Punjabi of Matric or its equivalent Standard.
Provided further that where a ward of Defence Service Personnel, who is a bonafide resident of Punjab State, is appointed by direct appointment, he shall have to pass an examination of Punjabi Language equivalent to Matriculation Standard or he shall have to qualify a test conducted by the Language Wing of the Department of Education of Punjab Government within a period of two years from the date of his appointment.
Provided further that where a War Hero, who has been discharged from defence services or paramilitary forces on account of disability suffered by him and his widow or dependent member of his family, is appointed under the instructions issued in this behalf by the Government, the person so appointed will not be required to possess aforesaid knowledge of Punjabi language:
Competitive Examination for Selection
- The written competitive examination for the post will be scheduled tentatively in end of April 2021. The procedure for Competitive Examination for selection of candidates for the post of 585 posts of Junior Engineers (Civil) in the Department of Water Resource, Punjab is in following sequence:-
|Total Marks for Competitive Examination = 300|
- The pattern for written exam comprising of 120 questions (@ 2.5 marks for each question and Time allotted ( 2 Hours) would be as below:
|Questions from the Subject|
(Syllabus of Subject is attached as Annexure-B)
|Questions from Logical Reasoning, Mental ability and General Knowledge||20||50 marks|
Syllabus for the Post of Junior Engineer (CIVIL)
1. ENGINEERING DRAWING: Lettering Technique and Practice, Dimensioning Techniques (Necessity of dimensioning, method and principles of dimensioning etc.), Scales (need and importance of scales, Drawing of plain and diagonal scales etc.), Projections, Sections, Symbols and Conventions. PPSC AE Coaching in Dehradun
2. APPLIED MECHANICS: Introduction, Laws of forces, Moment, Friction, Centre of Gravity etc.
3. FLUID MECHANICS: Introduction, Properties of Fluids, Hydrostatic Pressure, Measurement of Pressure, Fundamentals of Fluid Flow (Types of Flow, Discharge, hydraulic energy, Bernoulli’s theorem etc.), Flow Measurements (brief description with simple numerical problems, Venturimeter, Pitot tube, Orifice, Current meters, Notches etc.), Flow through Pipes (Definition of pipe flow; Reynolds number, laminar and turbulent flow, Critical velocity and velocity distributions in a pipe for laminar flow, Head loss in pipe lines, Hydraulic gradient line and total energy line, Pipes in series and parallel, Water hammer phenomenon etc.), Flow through open channels (uniform and non-uniform flow, discharge through channels using Chezy’s formula and Manning’s formula,Most economical sections, rectangular, trapezoidal and circular etc.), Hydraulic Pumps and motors (types, uses and efficiency etc.) Best PPSC AE Coaching in Dehradun
4. SURVEYING :Basic principles of surveying, Concept and purpose, Instruments used for taking these measurements etc., Chain surveying, Compass surveying, Levelling, Plane Table Surveying, Total Station Method,Auto Level, Contouring, Theodolite Surveying, Tacho-metric surveying, Curves, Digital Survey,Introduction to the use of Modern Surveying equipment and techniques, Total Stations etc. Best PPSC AE Coaching in Dehradun
5. CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS& BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: General characteristics of stones, Requirements of good building stones, Identification of common building stones, Bricks and Tiles, Cement (Various types of Cements, Properties of cement etc.), Lime, Timber and Wood Based Products, Paints and Varnishes, Miscellaneous Materials etc., Introduction to Building Construction, Foundation, Walls, Masonry, Arches and Lintels, Doors, Windows and Ventilators, Damp Proofing and Water Proofing, Floors, Roofs, Stairs, Anti Termite Measures, Building Planning etc. Concrete, uses of concrete in comparison to other building materials, Ingredients of Concrete, Properties of Concrete, proportioning for Normal Concrete, Introduction to Admixtures for improving performance of concrete, Special Concretes (Concreting under special conditions, difficulties and precautions before, during and after concreting, Ready mix concrete, Fibre reinforced concrete, Polymer Concrete, Fly ash concrete, Sillica fume concrete etc.), Concreting Operations (Storing of Cement, Storing of Aggregate, Batching, Mixing, Transportation of concrete, Placement of concrete, Compaction, Curing, Jointing, Defects in concrete etc.). Best PPSC AE Coaching in Dehradun
6. STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING: Simple stresses and strains, Elasticity, Hooke’s Law, Moduli of Elasticity and Rigidity. Stresses and strains of homogeneous materials and composite sections. Types of beams and supports and loads, Concept of bending moment and shear force. Bending moment and shear force diagrams for simple cases. Deflection in beams. Moment area theorem, Bending and shear stresses in circular, rectangular, T and L sections, Introduction to I.S:456 (latest edition), Design of singly and doubly Reinforced beams, Design of Columns-Types of Columns. Short and long column, load carrying capacity, effective length of column, lateral and helical ties. I.S. Specifications for reinforcement detailing. Design of slabs types of slabs, one- way slab, two-way slab, I.S. specifications for Reinforcement detailing method of design as per I.S. code. Design of foundations-isolated footing rectangular footing, square footings, circular footings. Design of tension members in structural steel, gross area, net area, tension splice, Design of compression members, column splice, load carrying capacities. Design of beams in structural steel, Basic concept of prestressed concrete, advantages of prestressed concrete in comparison with RCC application of prestressed to various building elements, bridges, water tanks and precast elements, Materials, Prestressing Methods, Bending and Shear Capacity, Losses in Prestressing etc. Best PPSC AE Coaching in Dehradun
7. EARTHQUAKE RESISTANT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION: Elements of Engineering Seismology, Performance of building during earthquakes and Mode of failure, Special construction method, tips and precautions to be observed while planning, designing and construction of earthquake resistant building, Introduction to IS: 4326, IS: 13828, IS: 1893(Part 1), 154326 and IS: 13920 (latest edition), Seismic Provision of Strengthening and Retrofitting Measures for Traditionally- Built Constructions, Brick and RCC Structures, Provision of reinforcement detailing in masonry and RC constructions. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
8. WATER SUPPLY AND WASTE WATER ENGINEERING: Water Supply- Water requirement, Rate of demand and supply, Per capita consumption, Population Forecasting etc., Physical, Chemical and bacteriological properties, Standard of potable water as per Indian Standard etc., Water Treatment including Sedimentation, Coagulation, flocculation, Filtration, disinfection of water, chlorination, Water treatment plants, R.O.s etc., Different types of pipes, fire hydrants, water meters their working and uses, Distribution system etc., Laying out Pipes. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
Waste Water Engineering-Definition of terms in sanitary engineering, Surface drains, Types of sewage, Sewerage, Laying and Construction of Sewers, Sewage characteristics (Properties of sewage as per IS standards), Natural Methods of Sewerage Disposal, Sewage Treatment, BOD, COD, Building Drainage (Different sanitary fittings and installations, Traps, seals, Testing of house drainage etc.), Drains and Sewers, Traps, inspection chamber, Septic Tank and Soak Pit, Bath room and W.C connections etc. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
9. SOIL AND FOUNDATION ENGINEERING: Physical Properties of Soils, Classification and Identification of Soils, Permeability and its importance, Effective Stress, Strength Characteristics of Soils, Compaction, Bearing Capacity of soil, Concept of shallow and deep foundation; types of shallow foundations and their suitability. Factors affecting the depth of shallow foundations, deep foundations, type of piles and their suitability; pile classification on the basis of material, pile group and pile cap etc. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
10. TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING: Introduction of Transportation Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Road materials, Geometric design, Design of flexible and rigid pavements, Road maintenance, Railway Engineering Rails, Sleepers, ballast, points and crossing, Track laying and track maintenance. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
11. IRRIGATION ENGINEERING: Introduction to irrigation, methods of irrigation, tube well irrigation, tank irrigation, sprinkler irrigation, drip irrigation, water logging, design of irrigation canals and irrigation outlets. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
12. ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: Importance of Environmental Engineering, Water Pollution (Causes lakes and its preventing measure, BIS standards for water quality etc.), Air Pollution, Noise Pollution, Effects of mining, blasting and deforestation, Land Use (land use and natural disasters, landslides etc.) soil degradation problems – erosion, water logging, soil pollution etc.), Environmental Impact Assessment, Legislation to Control Environmental Pollution (Indian legislative acts for water, land and air pollution control – provisions, scope and implementation etc.), Renewable Source of Energy etc. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
13. QUANTITY SURVEYING AND VALUATION: Introduction to quantity surveying and its importance, duties of quantity surveyor, types of estimates, measurement, preparation of detailed and abstract, estimates from drawings, calculation of quantities of materials, analysis of rates, contractor ship, preparation of tender document based on Common Schedule of Rates (CSR). Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
14. REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF BUILDINGS: Need for maintenance, agencies causing deterioration (sources, causes, effects), investigation and diagnosis of defects, defects and their root causes, materials for repair, maintenance and protection, remedial measures for building defects, surface preparation techniques for repair, crack repair methods, repair of surface defects of concrete, repair of corrosion in RCC elements, repair of DPC against rising dampness, repair of walls, waterproofing of wet areas and roofs, repair of joints in buildings etc. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
15. CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTS: Construction Planning, CPM, PERT, site organization, Construction Labour (Labour Welfare Fund Act 1936 (as amended), Payment of Wages Act 1936 (as amended), Minimum Wages Act 1948 (as amended), control of progress, inspection and quality control, accidents and safety in construction, accounts, public work accounts, request for quotation, bill of quantities, measurement book, indent book, material at site register. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
16. BASICS OF MANAGEMENT: Introduction, Leadership, Motivation, Ethics and Values, Team related skills- sympathy, empathy, co-operation, concern, lead and negotiate, work well with people from culturally diverse background, Communication in group – conversation and listening skills, Task Initiation, Task Planning, Task execution, Task close out, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Need, various types of customers, customer satisfaction, life- long customer, Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) and its significance, Elementary knowledge of Income Tax, Sales Tax, Excise Duty, Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance Act, Labour welfare schemes, Labour laws, worker and public safety techniques, systems of wage payment, incentives, Factory Act 1948 with special reference to health, safety and welfare measures, working hours, annual leave with wages, Payment of Wages Act1936, Minimum Wages Act 1948, safeguards in construction practices, Introduction to Total Quality Management (TQM), Community Participation in Water Supply and Sanitation, Roll of Women in Water Supply and Sanitation etc. Best PPSC JE Coaching in Dehradun
for more details You can Call on +91-9897199827 / +91-8393888104